Working Unit Ltd. operates the the-unit-store.com website, which provides an online commerce service (the "Service").
This statement is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Working Unit Ltd. ("Working Unit", "we", "our" or "us") is committed to safeguarding the privacy of customers in accordance with the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486) (the "Ordinance") under the laws of Hong Kong. For a better experience while using our Service, it is necessary for you to supply WorkingUnit with personal information and particulars to enable us to carry out the activities described in Paragraph 3 below. We may be unable to carry out such activities (including THE UNIT STORE loyalty program) if you do not provide us with your Personal Data.
We endeavour to preserve, protect and keep confidential all Personal Data stored, and/or collected, and/or transferred from you. Please read the following Statement to learn more about our Personal Data handling practices:
- What this Statement Covers
This Statement covers the Personal Data that we collect and handle when you become our member or when you request for our services. It also covers Personal Data that we may generate and compile about you. Where our operations are subject to privacy legislation other than that of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”), then this Statement shall be applied so far as practicable and consistent with such local legislation.
- Collection of Personal Data
You may be requested to provide your Personal Data when you use our services or when you visit our websites and our physical stores. The Personal Data that you may be requested to provide us includes, but are not limited to, your title, name, gender, phone number, email address, mailing address, birthday information, nationality, personal interests, favourite product categories and other personal data.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer's hard drive.
Our website uses these "cookies" to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. For more details please refer to Cookies 條款.
- Usage of Personal Data
Working Unit may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- for handling your membership application, maintaining and managing your membership account;
- for the provision of sales, or rewards, birthday promotion, reward eCoupon and services under any programs by Working Unit or its service providers;
- for carrying out your membership or purchase instructions, responding to your enquiry or providing customer service to you;
- for performing investigation, research or statistical analysis in order to improve our products and services and for marketing purposes;
- with your consent, for direct marketing purposes, and for notifying you about product promotions and special offers;
- for forming part of a customer database necessary for Working Unit to communicate with you by your provided contact method;
- for observing any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements of Hong Kong or other relevant jurisdiction including any disclosure or notification requirements to which Working Unit or other class of data recipient are subject.
- Personal Data Sharing and Disclosure
To facilitate the purposes set out in paragraph 3 above, we may disclose and transfer Personal Data with the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- third party service providers engaged by us to assist with providing you with our services, including data entry, customer database management, customer contact services regarding products and services (and service providers may contact you regarding sales, ordering, refund, replacement and/or delivery). These Third Party Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified in Paragraph 3 above, and not for their own purposes (including direct marketing);
- other business partners such as website, mobile app and loyalty programme operators;
- credit reference agencies, credit, debit and/or charge card companies and/or banks;
- law enforcement agencies, government and regulatory and other organisations;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to us (including our professional advisers);
- Access and Correction
You have the right to know the Statement of Working Unit, the kind of Personal Data being held and whether WorkingUnit holds any of your Personal Data. You have full control and ability to correct or edit your Personal Data at any time, including whether you want us to contact you for direct marketing purposes or for terminating your member’s online account. Once a membership account is terminated, it cannot be retrieved under any circumstances, including all membership and personal information. If you have any questions regarding this Statement or if you wish to access or correct your Personal Data, you can email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the Ordinance, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access or correction request.
- Children's Privacy
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
- Confidentiality & Security
When you provide your personal information to us, only authorized staff have access right to retrieve these information for carrying out their job duties and they must comply with a set of strict guidelines on how to use these Personal Data.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt your personal information before it is transmitted to us. In a bid to protect customers' data, all credit card authentication and payment authorization are handled directly by relevant banks. CSG will have no record of such data. Always remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window upon the end of each transaction. Our forced logout mechanism, where applicable, will ensure no one can access your personal information and correspondence. If you use credit cards and city’super Private Label Card / CODE Card for payment, all requested data will be securely encrypted and transmitted directly to the credit-processing bank for payment authorization.
Since no system is impenetrable and no information provided over the Internet is completely secure, therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or receive from us over the Internet.
- Retention of Personal Data
Subject to, or where otherwise required by law or permitted by law to protect our interests, we will:
- only retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the original purpose for which it was collected;
- erase any of your Personal Data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, if you choose to delete your account with us; and
- procure that data held by a third party if you chose to delete your account with us or terminate use of social media features.
- Direct Marketing
Working Unit may use your name and contact information from time to time to provide you with the latest information on our products and services / membership program.
You may opt-out of receiving such direct marketing emails from Working Unit by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such emails. In accordance with the statutory requirements, Working Unit will honour your request not to use your Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Amendment to this Statement
Working Unit reserves the right to alter the Statement. We may amend this Statement from time to time. If we make any substantial amendments in the way we use your Personal Data or/and amendments of membership terms and conditions, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on the website or by email. You agree that such posting will constitute sufficient and adequate notice.You agree that your continued use of our products or services after such amendment will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified Statement.
- Policy Translation